Natural SEO vs. PPC Adwords Advertising
According to the results of the iProspect Outsourced SEO Metrics & ROI Study (PDF link), 35% of the surveyed organizations that promote their web sites with natural search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click advertising recognize a higher return from SEO.
This compares to just 11% of marketers who report that PPC ads produce higher ROI. That means that three times as many webmasters who can measure the ROI of each method recognize a higher ROI from natural SEO than from PPC advertising.
Should you use PPC or SEO to market your web site?
The study confirms that you shouldn't focus on paid search engine advertising. While pay per click can be a good addition to your normal web site promotion activities, you'll receive a better return on investment (ROI) with natural search engine optimization.
Many webmasters that are new to web site promotion choose only pay per click advertising. Optimizing your web pages for natural search engine results involves a lot more work but in the long term, you'll receive a much better return on investment with natural search engine optimization. The numbers speak for themselves.
How to get a better ROI with your natural search results
To get a positive ROI with your natural search results, it is very important that your web pages are optimized for high search engine rankings. If your site is NOT optimized for natural search engine optimization it's costing you search engine real estate (placement), branding exposure, sales and bottom line... profits!
"Title TAG" (in red). This home page does not contain the basic requirements to get listed on the SERP’s. In the screen shot below pay notice to the:
- Poor keyword title optimization.
- No Metatags for Title, description and keywords.
- No SE Rankings.
It is equally important that your web pages are optimized for the right keywords. You will only get a positive ROI from natural search results if you target keywords that attract web site visitors that are interested in buying your products.
Details on how to find the best keywords for your web site can be done through our Natural SEO Service with guaranteed first page placement. We optimize your sales letter page working with your content editor and develop S.m.a.r.t.™ SEO pages that are built around high traffic, niche market keyword phrases to capture your target market.
How to get a better ROI with pay per click advertising
Getting a positive ROI with pay per click advertising also depends on the keywords you use in your pay per click campaigns. In addition, it is also very important to use the right text in your PPC Google Adwords. Upon a brief analysis of an adwords campaign on "natural cure for diabetes" we noted a number of improvements that could be made using the text in this PPC ad.
In the screen shots below, we looked at one of your ads in comparison to a competitors correct use of text in adwords. The search phrase is “natural cures for diabetes” was searched.
Note the ad titles. Ad 1 does not induce excitement and is redundant. This ad title uses keywords that do not need to be used in an adword campaign to get high ranking. Remember, you pay for your keyword phrases and assign an ad to them. The ppc ad should display your main keyword, as PPC Ad 2 does and should invoke an exciting statement like “Diabetes Breakthrough”.
- PPC Ad 2 targets "persuasive buying points" in the ad text that are key points to interested buyers, ie., controls blood sugar, Free shipping, Helps Fast!, Safe & Natural and GUARANTEED. In PPC Ad 1, there are no "persuasive buying points" mentioned.
- The next parameter is the URL at the bottom of the ad. PPC Ad 1 attempts to use the keyword “Natural”, which has been stated in the Google Search when the prospect typed in his search “natural cures...”, so there is no need to be redundant, use that space for something more advantageous like a phone number for tracking your PPC adwords campaign. Notice PPC Ad 2 strategically makes ample use of their ad opportunity to expose to the prospect their 1-800 number for PPC Ad tracking! Very smart use of an adword.
- Overall, PPC Ad 2 is more persuasive and more powerful and ranks on the first page of the adword column of the keyword search.
- One more piece of criteria is, for example, the domain name of the URL you choose to use when selling an ad. The domain name ProvenResultsHealth.com denotes an informational news site on first impression. Your URL allows you the opportunity to expose your product brand name. Try using your product brand name in the URL (or domain name) when using PPC. Even if buyers don’t click immediately, the targeted market who browse repeatedly under the popular search phrases containing the keyword “diabetes” will begin to trust your product the more they see the name of it show up on the SERP’s and PPC ads.￼￼
Use the wrong texts or keywords and you can pay a fortune on pay per click ads without getting something back.
If done correctly, pay per click campaigns and natural search engine optimization can both contribute greatly to your bottom line.
7 Step Action Plan for Guaranteed Top SEO Ranking iNETready Will Do for You
- iNETready's SEO Service will decide with your Content Manager on the search phrase your page(s) to rank for. It is possible to rank the same page for several searches. We focus our efforts on a single search term to increase the power of each of your links.
- iNETready's SEO Service will title your page with a variety of phrases you want to rank for. Your page title is prominent in search results, so we add additional descriptive words that will make humans want to visit your page.
- iNETready's SEO Service will create a headline on your page that confirms the promise of your title. (This goes for adword text writing as well.)
- iNETready's SEO Service will work with your Content Manager on your page content primarily for humans, but we use complete search phrases and separate the words in your phrase into the body of the text. This will help both humans and search engines to understand what your page is about.
- iNETready's SEO Service will create links to your page using link text that contain high traffic keyword phrase variations. We’ll place these in natural places for these on your page, ie., the menu, footer links and links within your the text of your sales content.
- iNETready's SEO Service will We get external links to your pages that also use variations of your search phrases. This will help not only your rankings, but will also garner visitors from these other sites.
- iNETready's SEO Service will "Rinse and Repeat" meaning, no site is ever “done” - only “better”. So we continue creating content working side by side with your Content Manager, linking it together and getting links from other sites.