Drive Traffic To Your Site With Free Doorway Pages
by James Timothy Faasse
Have you seen the ads for people charging you hundreds of dollars to make doorway pages for your site? If you have a little time, I'll show you how to make your own doorway pages absolutely FREE.
Basically a doorway page is a page that leads people, or is a doorway, to your actual site. Each of these pages have a different url so you can submit these multiple pages to the search engines. You can create doorway pages using your existing url, such as www.yourpage.com/doorway1.html or you can create multiple doorway pages using all of the free homepage service providers available on the internet. You can try different keyword combinations on each doorway page to increase your hits. So let's get started.
1. First you need to determine which keywords are going to generate the most traffic to your site. You want to pick one primary keyword or keyword phrase and 3-4 secondary keywords or keyword phrases. Here are some suggestions to help you find popular keywords or keyword phrases that accurately describe your website:
*Weekly Search Engine Keyword Statistics -
http://www.mall-net.com/se_report/ Get the top 100 weekly keywords and keyword phrases that people are searching for. They take samples from all different search engines 24 hours a day, with a million queries a week
- http://www.wordspot.com/ Get a weekly top 200 keyword and keyword phrases report e-mailed to you every week for free. They sample random search engines every 5 min. during the day and evening.
*GoTo's Search Term Suggestion Page
- http://inventory.go2.com/inventory/Search_Suggestion.jhtml Enter your keyword and this tool will show you how many people have searched for your keyword and it lists other related keywords.
2. Now you need to create the meta tags for your page. You want to use your one primary keyword in your title tag, description tag and keyword tag. Then use your secondary keywords in your keyword tag. If you need help creating your meta tags, here are two meta tag generators that are easy to use:
*Web Head Central's Meta Tag Generator
3. Now you are ready to create your doorway page. I created a sample doorway page from Web Position Gold. I made up a fictional company to illustrate for you how an actual doorway page would look. Feel free to copy and paste the html code to your own site. Just change the keywords, title, etc. to reflect your own page. Go to http://www.webheadcentral.com/doorway.html You can also use the free doorway page generator at http://www.siteowner.com.au/doorwaypage2.html Save all of your doorway pages in the same folder in your website directory. When the search engine spider indexes your site, it will index all of the pages in that folder.
4. Start submitting your doorway pages to the search engines. For a list of free and low cost search engine submission services, go to http://www.webheadcentral.com/submit.html
5. Finally, you'll want to check and see how your pages are ranking on the search engines. If you don't have the money to purchase search engine ranking software, here are 2 sites that will let you know how your site ranks:
*PurePromotion Search Engine Position Analyzer
- http://www.siteowner.com/ Now go out and start generating traffic to your site!